So you’re considering getting a new website for your business – however perhaps unsure on how to get started?
This article talks you through the Digital Spice web development process so you know up front how things work, what we will need from you and what you can expect from us.
Getting your new business website through Digital Spice is made easy with friendly service and professional advice.
This article provides a step by step process on getting your new website up and running.
Useful things to know about our service
- All of our websites are built using a CMS – such as WordPress or Joomla. Content Management System make your website flexible to expand with the needs of your business. You can log in to a secure administration panel where you can edit and manage the content on your website e.g. add new text, images, pages etc.
- You’re not locked in to any on-going contracts with us! You own your website outright.
- We build websites for clients Australia wide – no matter where you’re located we can provide friendly service and support for your new business website.
Step 1 – Contact Digital Spice to get a free consultation and quote
Complete our quick quote form or call us on 07 4219 5000
Please tell us about your business and what you would like to achieve with your new website.
Let us know about any requirements you have in mind such as the number of pages, any special features e.g. ecommerce shopping cart, news blog section, online booking, events calendar etc
Depending on your requirements and the size of the project; we may ask you to complete a web design brief questionnaire, organise an over the phone meeting or meet with you in person to narrow down your specifications.
Once the brief is established we will provide you with recommendations and a quote to suit.
We generally ask for a 50% deposit to be paid up-front before commencement, with the remaining 50% to be paid on website completion.
You can view our full terms and conditions here.
Step 2 – Design Mockup
Once you have paid your deposit, we can start working on the design.
Our team will put together a design mockup of the home page layout – providing the overall look and feel for your new website.
We will provide this to you for your feedback.
Once you have approved the design we can move on to start developing your new website.
Step 3 – Website Development
We will work hard to build your new website and make sure it is Search Engine Friendly, Mobile Respoinsive, easy to navigate, meets your delivery requirements and your required time-frame.
Your new website will be developed on our development server so that your current website (if applicable) is not interrupted until your awesome new website is ready to go live.
When ready for review we will send you a link to check out the website for your final feedback and approval.
This is your chance to go through the site and check eveything is how you want it. We’re sure you going to love it!
Step 4 – Go Live
Once you have approved your website we will make it live!
As part of our provided service we will submit your new site to marjor Search Engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing to invite their crawlers to start checking it out and index pages. Please note it can take up to 1 week before a new website may start to show in Search Engine results.
We can provide training on how to manage your new website and are always an email or phone call away if you need any assistance.
We also provide a 30 Day bug fix warranty!
If you happen to come across something not quite right after launch, you can feel rest assured we will get on to sorting it out.
What we would need from you to be able to build your new website –
- Domain Name – this is your website address e.g. digitalspice.com.au
If you do not yet have a domain name – let us know what names you have in mind and we can check if they are available and register them on your behalf or recommend a provider for you to register with. Note: for .com.au domains an ABN is required.
- Hosting – hosting is like rental real estate on the web – it is a required space for all the files which make up your website to live in order for your website to display online. If you already have a hosting account – we will need the FTP username and password details as well as login details for any web hosting control panel. If you do not yet have hosting (or are considering a change) we can provide hosting to suit your needs – our hosting packages come with cPanel and is Australian based more info here. We will provide a quote when we know more about your requirements.All our website packages come with 12 months complimentary hosting!
- Content – please provide us with any text and images you would like used on your website. If you need a copywriter we can provide recommendations on request. You will need to make sure you have copyright to use all content on your website.
If you have any questions please do not hestitate to contact the Digital Spice team.
We look forward to building your new business website!
After launch, we are always an email or phone call away should you have any questions on how to manage your website. We also provide a range of Digital Marketing services to help businesses grow online.