Terms and Conditions
Website Design and Development
By placing an order with Digital Spice, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below.
3 month bug fix warranty
We offer a 3 month bug fix warranty on our dynamic website packages.
It is the client’s responsibility to review the site and ensure they are happy with it before agreeing to the finalisation of the project. This is usually confirmed when the website is made live.
We understand however that during the pressure of a project, occasionally some things may get missed. In this case, where bugs or technical errors are found after the project has gone live such bugs will be fixed free of charge within 3 months of us issuing the final invoice.
Any modifications that we don’t define as a bug for the purposes of the warranty will be quoted for separately and not fixed within the 3 month warranty.
Any changes that fall outside the 3 month period of any nature will be quoted for separately and not fixed within the 3 month warranty.
Payment of Accounts
Quotes provided by Digital Spice are valid for a period of one month from the date issued. Any additional features requested outside of the proposed project scope will need to be negotiated.
Projects will be invoiced as follows:
- A 50% deposit is required before commencement – this is defined as the date at which you inform us via email or phone that you agree to the terms of the proposal and you wish to go ahead. The project will not begin until this invoice is paid in full.
- The remaining 50% is to be paid in full at delivery. This is defined as the date you ask us to make the website live or we hand over the management of the site to you.
- For larger projects a mid-way progress payment may also be required as part of the terms of agreement.
Invoices are not refundable. If the client decides to terminate the contract after a project has commenced, the client will be liable to pay for all work done up to the point of termination.
All invoices from Digital Spice will be sent via email.
Digital Spice is committed to making sure we help our clients get the most out of the web and offer exceptional value in doing so. This invoicing policy has been written so that clients who regularly pay on time are not disadvantaged by increased costs and restrictions associated with managing clients who do not pay on time.
When you engage Digital Spice you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including our invoice terms) and therefore agreeing to pay all invoices on time.
All of Digital Spice’s invoices have strict 14 day terms unless otherwise agreed prior to commencement.
Every 2 weeks we will follow up on all clients with overdue invoices via email requesting a date when the invoice will be page.
If there are special circumstances we may agree to extend the due date for an additional 14 days.
If the invoice is still outstanding we will email or call the client and ask for an explanation and ask for a date when the invoice will be paid.
If the invoice is not paid by this date one or more of the following may occur:
- freezing any current work
- moving to an up-front payment model for future projects
- referring the debt to an agency
- reducing the amount of concurrent projects
- taking the website down and / or
- discontinuing all future work for the client.
The same may be considered for clients who continually fail to pay their invoices on time.
If we refer outstanding invoices onto our collection provider the client will be liable for the invoice as well as the collection fees.
Ongoing maintenance and security releases
Digital Spice uses open source systems which means after your site is built, there will be newer versions of the system released from time to time. For CMS (Content Management System) websites such as those built with WordPress or Joomla, we strongly suggest that you ‘patch’ or ‘update’ the website to the latest release each time it comes out to keep the site secure.
Any additional plugins or add-ons implmented on the website should also be kept up to date with the latest version available.
It is the website owners responsibility to ensure their website is maintained and kept secure.
For larger dynamic websites please ensure upgrades are performed by someone who knows what they are doing.
It is recommened a full site and database backup of the website is made before implementing any new extensions to the site and before undertaking any updates/upgrades.
Digital Spice is not responsible for the maintenance of websites unless the client has opted for a support package with us.
If you would like Digital Spice to provide ongoing support for maintenance please contact us to discuss your requirements and obtain a quote.
If you host with us and your site becomes compromised we will require that you upgrade the CMS to keep the site secure as well as removing any malicious files. We can do this for you at our hourly rate, should the need arise. It is much better to prevent this from occurring by keeping the website well maintained.
Digital Spice take no responsibility for loss of data or damange due to client’s poor website mainteance.
By placing an order for any of our hosting services, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below.
- Digital Spice provides quality Australian-based hosting services or may recommend alternative hosting companies to host websites, no guarantees can be made as to the availability or interruption of this service. Digital Spice cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
- Digital Spice performs daily automated backups of their servers, however no responsibility is taken for the integrity of this backup. For peace of mind, Digital Spice recommends customers also take regular backups of their websites, either through cPanel or through software built into their website, such as Akeeba Backup. Feel free to contact Digital Spice for instructions on how to do this.
- Digital Spice reserves the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial, and also to terminate the hosting service should the necessity arise.
- Hosting is payable annually and is non-refundable.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
Digital Spice reserves the right to change or alter these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Please contact Digital Spice if you have any questions or concerns.